The S&R consortium is comprised by twenty-eight (28) partners from twelve (12) European countries.
•Apart from earthquakes that usually result to catastrophic structural collapses, with many people entrapped or killed there are also other causes that may result into a building’s collapse, such as an accidental explosion or a terrorist attack in public areas or critical infrastructures.
• Moreover, natural disasters like earthquakes may trigger technological disasters, such as industrial chemical release or even fires; this dynamic or “domino effect”, as it is called may pose tremendous risks to the countries and communities and hence it is a great challenge to cope with by the first responders and relevant organizations of civil protection.
•First responders and rescuers need specialized instrumentations, available to all times, easily accessible that meet stringent requirements in terms of detection accuracy, quick localization, and reduction of false alarms.
A Portable Membrane Inlet Mass Spectrometer (MIMS) is an indispensable support for the search of people trapped under rubble. •Rescue MIMS on Robotics
Unmanned systems with RESCUE MIMS keep the human rescue workers and K-9 dogs out of harm. This is especially important in earthquake response scenarios because “fatigue leads to injury”. •Six Gas HAZMAT Monitor with VOC detection for first responder
Best be wearable in a flap pocket & Connected to a Situational Awareness System with integrated platforms.
•Community Resilience Case Study – Success indicators
Combining Resources, as several actors involved, including professionals, volunteers and members of community, can make up for the lack of technologies or other resources.
Local Knowledge, as volunteers usually have a better knowledge of the disaster area.
Networking of the parties provided additional value by combining different training and experience on S&R operations, sharing knowledge, and also by resources.
Preparedness, Simulation Training Exercises.
Cost Reduction and Commitment volunteers.
Communication Technologies fast data transfer.
Equipment and Technology Limitations for the safety of dogs, to track dogs and the locations they already searched, need for drones sensors for new explosions.
– Unification of communication systems and unification of location and data management programmes.
– Separate radio communication frequency for the exchanges between teams.
– Cross-Compatible tracking technologies.
– Improvement and compatibility of personal protective equipment for chemical substances.
– Use of drones with more flight range.
– Artificial Intelligence to identify a person’s body or personal objects.
– Thermal cameras adapting to outside temperature.
SURFACE PLASMON RESONANCE MULTI-SENSOR FOR REAL TIME ILLICIT DRUGS DETECTION (SNIFF) Project type and contract number: 41 din 04/01/2016 Project Abstract: All over the world, billions of dollars are spent annually on chemical/biological detection related to medical diagnosis, environmental monitoring, and public security and food safety because laboratory analysis using expensive equipment is usually cumbersome […]
Consortium Bournemouth University – coordinator Institutul De Mechanica Solidelor al Academiei Romane Shanghai Jiao Tong University Chinese Academy of Sciences Yanshan University Robotnik Automation SLL S.C. Stimpex Cedrat Technologies The SMOOTH project aims to propose a novel robot assisted decision making system in smart firefighting to perform searching and rescuing practice in the fire ground, […]
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.